COVID shot ?

George C

Staff Captain
Did you get your first COVID shot yet? I had to cancel a appointment but should get another one soon, my 95 year old mom just got her second.

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member
Get my second Friday

bob

Staff member
Just back from getting second shot about an hour and half ago. So far so good, just a little aching in the upper arm but if like the first one will last about 3 days.
So now wait it out, takes about 10 days with Pfizer to come up to full 95% protection.

EMS8

2nd Officer
Just back from getting second shot about an hour and half ago. So far so good, just a little aching in the upper arm but if like the first one will last about 3 days.
So now wait it out, takes about 10 days with Pfizer to come up to full 95% protection.
Congratulations Bob, wish we were so lucky.

bob

Staff member
So do I ..............
Hang in there, if this new J&J gets approved looks like it may not stop you from getting it but stops it from killing you.... looks like a loose win

Flyingfish

Staff Captain
We've signed up, our Dr. says as soon as available we're in. We have age benefits, nothing else. New York seems to be having trouble getting enough supplies and distributing them. :confused:

bob

Staff member
Just thinking about my comment about J&J vaccine, yes its big selling point is it is bullet proof as far as keeping you from dying but it doesn't stop you from getting it and "spreading it" so in the end you just become a carrier .... thats not good

bob

Staff member
:thumb:

John

I'm on Island Time
Staff member
Still waiting for it to be available for myself. My wife has taken both doses.

Cruisercl

Bar Steward
Just thinking about my comment about J&J vaccine, yes its big selling point is it is bullet proof as far as keeping you from dying but it doesn't stop you from getting it and "spreading it" so in the end you just become a carrier .... thats not good
All of them are like this; it is still a good thing.

lizardstew

Staff Captain
my husband and I are volunteering at a vaccine site in 2 weeks and are hoping to get our first dose at the end of our volunteer shift. If so, they’ll schedule our 2nd dose that same day.

Gayle V

Cruiser's Compass Editor
Did you get your first COVID shot yet? I had to cancel a appointment but should get another one soon, my 95 year old mom just got her second.
Not yet. I've been trying for days to make an appointment. Ohio is very disorganized on this. And we are way behind. There's really not even a way to sign up like some of you have mentioned. You just have to keep trying and trying and trying on the many many different sites hoping to get an appointment. And each attempt is running a maze. Every time you click and open a new page you think this is it. But nope it's NOT. Some of the pages keep you in what they call a waiting line to get onto their website. I've been on these several times. Sometimes for as long as an hour. Only to reach the website and be told now you can make the appointment,. Then it opens up a calendar where all days are crossed off and tells you sorry there are no appointments available.

It's a total crapshoot as to whether you get lucky or not. My husband got very lucky and got his first shot last Friday. At a Walgreens. The type they gave him is Pfizer. I have not been that lucky yet.

For healthcare we are Cleveland Clinic patients. We have significant comorbidities to be concerned about. So we have been living very carefully. According to Cleveland Clinic when they get to us they will let us know by email or phone call. But even though they should be doing age 65 and over by now, they are still trying to get the age 80 and over done. At this rate lord only knows when those of us in our 60s will be able to get the vaccine.