Free drinks, shore tours and more: Cruise lines tout all-inclusive deals to reignite bookings

George C

Staff Captain
My last cruise had just about everything included , of course it was a royal suite on Celebrity, which gives you
premium drink package
suite dinning and unlimited specialty restaurants
tipping - only because of it was a charter
free mini bar and daily refills
two top shelf liters of liquor- your pick
of course this was the most expensive cruise we ever did.
we do have same cruise booked for 2022

bob

Community Manager Part Time Dinosaur
Staff member

Funnel

Food and Beverage Manager- Special Contributor

But is it cheaper?

I booked a 2022 Celebrity cruise about half a year ago. They then changed to another ship, so instead of Edge it will be on Silhouette. We had to re-book the cruise on the new ship to the same fare, but if I tried to switch to another cabin type they told me they had to cancel my old booking and make a new one to the fare that now was valid, and that was like $1500 extra for the same cruise (and same type of cabin). Ok, not really fair - there was a price reduction for the original cruise, but only about half of the difference ($700).
Maybe it's better deals for 2021 cruises though, as this was a 2022 cruise.

/Erik

Ali

Staff Captain
I already get free booze on Royal, I eat in the Windjammer so I don't need the tips thing for dining staff just my cabin steward. I get free internet, so that entire all-inclusive thing for me is a moot point..I get it all now. I want to know if they'll have a spot to "opt out" in the booking process and not be charged for it. I don't need it.