Dawn Cruise

Kruzr41

Shore Excursion Manager
Just completed a cruise on the Dawn. We had not done NCL in some years. No particular reason, just found other lines/itineraries/timing better. The ship was exceptionally clean and well maintained. The service was excellent almost everywhere. Good entertainment, even more than good. Food was very good everywhere we tried. [too many places to try them all]. They did advertise new bedding. Not so, just added a thin foam mat to the beds. Not what my old bones appreciated.

clean1owner

How were the ports?

jabird56

Thanks for the info on Dawn. We leave in Jan/13. One question, does NCL allow you to bring wine on board? Did you bring wine?

From NCL website:

Wine & Champagne Policy
Guests may bring bottles of wine and champagne on board. When bottles are brought on board and served or consumed in any restaurant, public room area or in their stateroom, a corkage fee will be charged according to bottle sizes noted below.

750 ml Bottle: $15.00
1,500 ml Magnum: $30.00

Wine or champagne sent directly to the ship by travel agents, friends, family, etc. or from another retail source, are subject to the same fees. Box wines are not allowed on board.

2vineland

Waiter

SUNNYDAY

Able Seaman
on the dawn we will be honduras,belize, costa maya ,cozumel.
i have to recommend an excursion that we took in belize it was by cave tubing .com and it was great we went cave tubing it was the best excursion and we took our teen age kids it wasn't crazy expensive and it was really fun. This was in 2008 and i see he is still in business so we will try the atv this time.but i highly recommend this excursion .

2vineland

Waiter
on the dawn we will be honduras,belize, costa maya ,cozumel.
i have to recommend an excursion that we took in belize it was by cave tubing .com and it was great we went cave tubing it was the best excursion and we took our teen age kids it wasn't crazy expensive and it was really fun. This was in 2008 and i see he is still in business so we will try the atv this time.but i highly recommend this excursion .

We haven't done that itinerary yet, other than Cozumel a few times; look forward to your review! Would the cave tubing be suitable for 50 somethings?!?

jabird56

We're booked on the Dawn for the Christmas week cruise, to the western Caribbean. Looking forward to it, have friends from Nebraska and a cousin and his wife on-board also. RUM FOR ALL AND ALL FOR RUM

SUNNYDAY

Able Seaman
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Dawn has a dedicated movie theater. We like that better than watching it in our cabins one of our ships had a movie theater but i do not remember which one it was. I saw a post that said it did but that was years ago and i know that some ships have changed. Hope that they do that was fun for us. Oh the one i was on had popcorn too.